Cost of a Roof Replacement in Perth
In this article, we will go through a few factors that affect the roof replacement cost in Perth. Baring in mind at Powerdrive roofing we treat roof replacement as a last resort. We will always give you the options of a roof restoration or even roof repairs.
Factors that affect the cost of a roof replacement
- Your roof size in square meters
- Also, the type of roofing materials that you choose
- Additionally, your roof pitch can affect roof replacement cost
- The potential structural modifications required
- as well as possible council approval
- Possible engineers’ approval
Types of Roofing Materials
For tiled roofing, the following roofing materials can be used:
Concrete roof tiles, slate or terracotta roof tiles comes in different finishes which are frost resistant. If you are looking for non-combustible roofing material, you could choose one of these as they are can be an ideal choice for bush prone fire areas.
Slate roof tiles don’t fade quickly or crack and can last for over a century if installed correctly. Concrete roof tiles maintained correctly can last for 50 years. Obviously, both are different materials and will affect roof replacement cost.
Steel or metal roofing materials used in Perth include untreated Zinc-aluminium and Colorbond or treated Zinc-aluminium. Colorbond Metal roofing will generally come with a warranty of 25 years at minimum. It is also a flexible and durable roofing alternative.
What is The Best Option For Tiled or Steel Roofing?
steel roofing materials can be budget-friendly compared to most roof tile prices. Before choosing any particular roofing material, you should always consider specific aesthetic factors as well. Before selecting any Roofing in Perth, ensure that it complies with the Australian building codes and standards.
Is it Compulsory to Hire a Qualified Roofer?
The do it yourself method of roofing is not really recommended as it has many safety implications and certain specialist skills required.
A roofing professional should have appropriate qualifications for roof tiling, roof sheeting or a builders licence.
Questions For Your Perth Roofing Contractor?
To ensure you get the right roofer for your project, you need to ask the following questions before acceptance of the quote:
- Does your company carry insurance to work on my home?
- Does your company have any referees?
- Can your company give me a formal written quote?
- Does your company have the required qualifications?
So you are fully aware of all roof replacement cost. Always request an itemised quote listing all materials needed regardless of the size of your roofing project.
What May Affect the Cost of Your Roof Replacement
Below are factors that may contribute to the roof replacement cost:
- Difficult site access
- A steep pitch roof
- An older asbestos cement roof
What is The Cost of Re-Roofing?
Roofing is priced primarily on a square metre basis. Additionally, removing and disposing of existing roofing material might affect the roof replacement cost. Other factors include location, (if outside Perth metro area) access and the pitch of the roof.
Concrete roof tiles are the cheapest roofing materials. High-quality metal roofing cost can be approximately $95-$115 per metre square. On the other hand, roof tiles cost anywhere between $80-$110 per metre square.
The roof design, complexity and size determines the cost of a roof replacement in Perth that you are likely to pay. A simple gable to gable will likely cost less than multiple gables and hip ends with roof valleys and more complex ridge layouts.
Below are the roof replacement cost per m2 that you should expect to pay:
- Sarking: $8-$10 per square metre
- Concrete tiled roofing: $80-$100 per square metre
- Steel roofing: $95-$115 per square metre
- Terracotta tiled roofing: $90-$110 per square metre
- Traditional slate tiled roof: $200-$500
Powerdrive Roofing Roof Replacement cost
- Concrete Roof Tiles: $80
- Metal Roofing: $95
- Terracotta Roof Tiles: $90
- (This is correct at the time of publication. Certain factors could add to the cost but this is a quite accurate general guide)
Below are the approximate colorbond roof costs per square metre for stripping and replacing a standard three bedrooms two bath home in the Perth metro area.
- Roof Replacement cost of an existing asbestos cement roof with colorbond: $15000-$20000
- Replacing existing tiles with colorbond: $15000- $20000
- Replacing an existing metal skillion roof with colorbond: $6000-$10000
Gutters and downpipes
Would you like to replace your downpipes and guttering at the time when your new roofing is being laid? As you plan your budget, make sure the quote provided to you includes the prices to remove all existing roof materials, disposal(removal from site) and replacement materials including all external extrusions. This will also add to your roof replacement cost.
These costs should also include sarking insulation (sialyation) and final cleaning up, removal of all rubbish, debris from site and leaving it as if they were never there other than of course the beautiful new roof that is the envy of the street. Use the costs we have provided in this article as a guide as they are indicative and are only meant to be used as a guide, several factors can contribute to price changes.
For more information call Powerdrive Roofing Perth today on 08 9306 1656